Homeowners across the country are more and more having wood burning, coal burning and gas fires installed. The warmth and cosy feeling they bring in winter months is loved by all.
So many however are unaware of the dangers bad burning practise bring.
Creosote is a highly flammable substance that builds up inside your chimney or liner as a result of burning wood or coal and even gas. The rate of accumulation can be higher if you practice poor burning practices or have a burning appliance or stove that is not working well. Different types of wood create different amounts of creosote when burned. Pine causes a rapid build-up of creosote and should be avoided as a regular source of wood. Creosote can also reduce the draw of the fireplace and reduce efficiency.
If your chimney or liner are not swept periodically the end result could be a chimney fire.
Contact us today to arrange an appointment which suites you.